SOLUTION – Auto post WordPress posts to Google+
Following our article on auto posting to Google+ we have evaluated some of the solutions that have been put forward for auto posting from WordPress to Google+. The best solution we evaluated was Next Scripts Social Networks Auto-Poster, which we have reviewed here and will guide you through installing the plugin. The plugin itself is free but also requires a script that costs $49, which for many people is much more cost effective than spending time manually posting to Google+.
To summarise the steps in the above video:
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Go to Plugins on the Dashboard.
- Add New Plugin, search for ‘Next Scripts Social Networks Auto-Poster’ and install.
- Purchase Google Plus Automated Posting Script from Next Scripts
- Upload the script file postToGooglePlus.php to /wp-content/plugins/
- Goto the Next Scripts Social Networks Auto-Poster plugin settings on your WordPress site.
- Tick the box ‘Auto-publish your Posts to your Google+ Page or Profile’, enter your Google+ username and password and Google+ Page ID if you want to publish to a page rather than profile.
- Customise the text that WordPress sends to Google+
- Click update settings and Submit a Test Post to ensure it’s working.
If you want to test this, download cURL Test, unzip it and upload the php file to your website. Access the file through the browser and if the ‘Second Open’ shows the contents of a cookie file then it’s set up correctly.
We tried this on two separate web hosts and neither had this enabled by default, so we don’t think you should be surprised if you need to contact your web host to get this to work; you may want to test and resolve the issue before buying the script. Once working, it’s an excellent time saver and well worth it in our opinion.
Thank you again to Next Scripts for providing this plugin and script for us to test and review.